Saturday 9 March 2013

March Glossybox 2013!!! - Review

                             THE MARCH GLOSSY BOX ARRIVED THIS MORNING!!!
 

 
 
I've read a lot of reviews on the glossy box's and decided that at only £12.95 a month I'd give it a go. I recieved the February edition last month however I forgot to do a review on the products and only remembered a couple of days ago.
 

 
 
This month's box focuses on City Chic and includes what they feel are 'hard-working, multi-tasking, heavy-duty products'.
 
 
 
 
 
When I opened the box the first thing I noticed was the 'My little travelling book'. Inside is a little guide to different countries such as China, Austria and best of all the USA. Next month I'm going on placement to Las Vegas for a month and so I thought this was brilliant. It even has little stickers inside and labels for your suitcase!
 
 
 
The first product I noticed was the Tresemme Salon Finish Extra Hold Hairspray (100ml). I'm currently using the VO5 Extra Hold High Volume Spray, however when I was in Boots looking at the different sprays it was a toss-up between these two. I like the fact that the Tresemme one doesn't leave your hair feeling straw like and seems to last a long time! I sprayed my hair with it this morning the went into town and although it was raining ever so slightly the hairspray held my hair in place. I cannot wait to try this product for a night out!

 

 
 
 
The next product is the Elizabeth Arden Fragrance Free Eight Hour Cream. I've never used any Elizabeth Arden products before due to the price of most of the skin care. It'll be nice to try this high end cream out (£25) and see what difference there is between this and my £2 Clean and Clear cream.

 

 
The Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush in pink is another new product to me. I've never really been a fan of pink lip stains as it tends to leave me looking washed out or just generally doesn't suit me. However, this pink - although looks bright - leaves a subtle pinky colour and is SO moisturising! My lips feel really smooth and again has lasted the best part of 5 hours without needing to be topped up. I will definately be putting this in my frequntly used make up bag!


 
 

 

















You can never have to many handcreams, right? Well the L'Occitane Brightening Hand Cream is definately a good product to invest in at £19 for 75ml. I applied it once this morning and my hands feel really smooth and moisturised. It also has SPF 20 making it perfect for taking away on holiday with you or just applying on a sunny day (if we ever get another one of those in England). The only negative thing I can say about this product is it is quite a hefty price tag for a handcream and I'm not sure I'd choose to pay that much when products such as the Nivea Daily Hand Cream are so much cheaper and still do a top job.
 



The final product in the Glossy Box was a Nails Inc Nail Varnish in Bruton Street. I LOVE pink nail varnishes and this colour is such a beautiful dark pink. I've always found Nails Inc products to be well worth the £11 price tag as they don't chip easily and they have a huge variety of colours. This product will definately be getting used up within the next week or so.
 
 























So thats my review of this months Glossybox! Did you guys get one? If so, what did you think of your products. Also, I'd love to hear what you think of my blog so far and how I can improve it!

 
Pippa xo =)

No comments:

Post a Comment